How do I generate a CSR on Apache?
Complete the following steps to create your CSR.
1. Login to your server via your terminal client (ssh). At the prompt, type:
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout server.key -out server.csr
where server is the name of your server.
2. This begins the process of generating two files: the Private-Key file for the decryption of your SSL Certificate, and a certificate signing request (CSR) file (used to apply for your SSL Certificate) with apache openssl.
3. When you are prompted for the Common Name (domain name), enter the fully qualified domain name for the site you are securing. If you are generating an Apache CSR for a Wildcard SSL Certificate your common name should start with an asterisk (such as *.example.com).
4. You will then be prompted for your organizational information, beginning with geographic information. There may be default information set already.
5. This will then create your openssl .csr file.
6. Open the CSR file with a text editor and copy and paste it (including the BEGIN and END tags) into the DigiCert Certificate order form.
7. Save (backup) the generated .key file as it will be required later for Certificate installation.
8.After you receive your SSL Certificateyou can install it.